There are two things you need to do at the beginning of each semester so that a new group of students can access the course materials in bluedoorlabs: (1) Create a new term, and (2) add sections. Follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your account.
- If you have more than one course, use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to choose the course you want to edit.
- Click the Manage tab on the main menu.
- Click the Terms tab on the sub menu.
- Click the + Add Term button on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the information for term name, term dates, and registration dates.
Term name might be “Fall 2019,” “Spring 2020,” etc.
Term dates control when students can view course materials.
Registration dates control when students can purchase access.
- Click Add Term.
Hold on, you’re not done yet! Continue to the next step... You must create at least one section for each term.
- Click the Add Section button toward the bottom of the page.
- Type in the section name (all other information is optional). Sections might be named “01, 02, 03...” or “CRN 123, CRN 456...” If you only have one section, you can name it “All Sections”.
- Click the “Add Section” button.
You're done! Your students will now be able to register for your course once the registration open date has passed! If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org